She can put together the most glamorous ensembles together with an energetic mix of sultry, divine and utterly feminine. Over the years, Namrata Joshipura has made statement worthy outfits for all kinds of women. There’s no doubt that her collections are a perfect fit for the modern woman who are looking for timeless appeal in their closets. She comes from a graduating batch of other talented designers such as Payal Pratap, Manish Arora and Rajesh Pratap. We sat down with the designer to get a peek into her life!
1. An everyday style that would suit almost anyone.
Easy breezy tunics worn with palazzos or shorts. One can always throw on a jacket or cover up with a pair of jeans.
2. Your advice to aspiring fashion students.
Don’t be in a rush to launch a label. Get sufficient work experience; understand the aesthetics and the intricacy of the industry. Only launch your line, when you are ready.
3. What is your favorite part of your life as a designer?
To create new things every season.
4. Your fondest memory at Aza.
When Alka Nishar personally looked into an order that was not processed for more than a month. She took the matter in her own hands, by following up on it, making that phone call and messaged me at the end of it, to let me know that everything was taken care of. This is a classic example of responsibility in an organization.
5. One thing you look forward to at fashion week.
Catching up with people you meet twice a year at fashion week.
6. How would you describe your personal style?
Sporty chic. Shorts, jeans and running shoes are bare essentials that I just can’t get enough of.
7. Five things you must have in your bag?
Battery pack, pen, travel make up kit, lip balm and credit cards.
8. A fun fact that no one knows about you?
I love to dance and like to play the DJ at parties.
9. When you are not working, what is your next resort?
Running and trekking are always first on the list.
10. A luxury item you recently splurged on?
A pair of Valentino Noir shoes.